Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lunch breaks ... Part 2

So for the past 2 days I have been visiting the beach during my lunch breaks. The offices where I work is literally a 10 minute drive from a quiet sparsely populated beach in Umhlanga Rocks. There isn't much (read anything) in the way of available food there which makes traffic really light. But if you drive for about 3 minutes from the parking lot at this beach, you will come across a buzzing restaurant area. Usually, if I haven't eaten already at my desk, I will stop off at the Woolworths food market there and pick up something to take with me to the beach.



Once there, I will sit on the sand, leaning against the cool stone of the barrier wall and simply bask in the sun. Sometimes, I take my eReader with me to read. And sometimes, I just sit there and watch the waves. If there a people around (theres usually a few), I people watch. I let my mind empty as I sit there, there are no work stresses, no irritations, no fears. It is incredibly peaceful and if I'm reading, I lose myself in someone elses story, someone else's drama and adventures.



Occassionally, a seagulls cry will jolt me out of the story and I will look up and smile. Happy to be where I am. Relaxed, with my mind at peace, I am able to return to work renewed and ready to continue through the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment