Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tasty Thursday - Baby Garden Pasta

Better late than never, right? Sorry guys for missing this weeks Tasty Thursday. On Thursday we had a group therapy session at work to help us transition to the new company branding. It was about 4 hours and we discussed things that we like and dislike about the company. At times it was fairly tension filled and I was exhausted by the end of it. And on Friday there was a baby shower for one of our co-workers. This was stressful for me. Just when I think I'm making progress, I discover that I have another stumbling block.

In this case, I just couldn't go to the baby shower. The thought of seeing all those baby clothes and all the excitement and happiness made me feel extremely anxious and I ended up not going. Part of the problem was that the lady in question was due in the first week in December and that was when my second lost baby would been born. It was good that I didn't have another big emotional storm, but I was still extremely uncomfortable.

****************TMI AHEAD*******************
The good news is I think I O'd this week. And hubby and I have been trying to BD regularly (after a long dry spell). I think we might have timed it correctly, so now its a question of whether I O'd on the correct side where my tube is still intact. I don't have confirmation of O yet, I'll probably only get that by Monday, but I feel like I O'd. My temps for the last 5 days have been 36.2, 36.2, 36.2, 36.3, 36.4 .. If it continues to go up then I will know that I have O'd. And then will be time for the 2WW during which I will be anxiously biting my nails until either AF comes or I have a confirmed pregnancy. And then the real worry begins.. LOL.. who wants to be me??
*********************END OF TMI*******************

This garden pasta is quick, easy and good for stress since it has lots of wonderful green veggies. Excellent for the health conscious or TTC'ing mommies :) Credit goes to our very own T'alicious for this wonderful recipe.



Baby Garden Pasta
Baby marrow
Baby corn
Sugar Snap peas (Mange Tout)
Tri-colour pasta
1 mini can of tomato paste
1 can Italian tomatoes - (Pomo D'Oro)
garlic, chilli
salt to taste

Boil Pasta in salted water until al dente


Slice veggies diagonally (very important to the flavour) and pan fry in a little Olive oil and salt


When veggies caramelise, add about 2 tablespoons of water to the mixture to keep all that smoky sweet flavour.



Cook tomatoes with garlic, chilli and salt


Mix vegetables into pasta

Add tomato



Serve with a tablespoon of sour cream on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment